Digest-it for Effluent
Formulated to improve the breakdown of solids and the retention of nutrients in captured animal effluent. Provides a range of food sources and metabolites that promote aerobic digestion in effluent streams.
Digest-it for Effluent or dairies is a fermented microbial culture containing a rich source of vitamins, minerals, proteins, enzymes, amino acids, carbohydrates, and growth promoters. In effect, it provides a rich food source for aerobic microbial species. It aims to create and maintain a balanced microbial environment in effluent ponds, stimulating aerobic microbial digestion of organic matter.
Non-performing effluent systems are instantly recognisable by the presence of persistent surface crusting and their pervasive odour. The depletion of oxygen in the water, combined with a lack of sunlight, reduces microbial digestion. The proliferation of anaerobic bacteria can increase hydrogen sulphide (i.e. rotten egg gas), ammonia gas, and increased pH (i.e. alkalinity).
Use of Digest-it for Effluent or diaries will result in a number of physical and chemical changes in ponds within four to six weeks of treatment, including the breakdown of crust and the dissolution of sediment. The time taken for these changes to occur will depend on several factors, such as the quantity of solids, weather conditions etc.
- Reduces losses of nitrogen and sulphur as gasses to atmosphere.
- Stimulates aerobic microbial activity in effluent ponds
- Digests suspended solids into plant-available liquid nutrients
- Reduces turbidity and increases the liquids to solids ratio
- Reduces surface crusting, solid waste and the need for desludging
- Reduces unpleasant odours
- Reduces BOD of resulting waste streams
- Reduces withholding periods after application of waste streams to pastures
- Can also be used as a silage inoculant or to reduce odours in-stock bedding
- Can be used as a shed floor or dairy floor inoculant
- BioAg Digest-it for Effluent is a certified organic input.
Contact your Area Manager today for a tailored plan for your crop.